Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wish I Was Here


Have you ever had one of those days when nothing is really wrong, but nothing is particularly right either? Today was kind of like that for me. 

It all started when I woke up with a sore throat after a horrible night's sleep. Then I spent the next six hours applying for four jobs. Then I made my way to the dollar store to pick up some measuring spoons because I forgot to bring my good ones from our place in Kingston. It was freezing outside, and very windy. Seriously, it's May 11 and I was in my winter jacket - not cool. (Or should I say too cool?) The walk took a lot longer than I anticipated, and it started to rain on the way home. A cold, piercing rain. Finally I arrived home and, in an attempt to comfort myself on such yucky day, made some cornbread that didn't turn out at all.

All I can say is, thank GOD for fond memories. Most people tell me I'm crazy when I say that if I had to choose between the two I'd rather spend my money traveling than purchase a home. Days like today, however, allow me to perfectly illustrate my case. Somehow looking at photos from past vacations brings me comfort and hope, and allows me to fall asleep to happy thoughts. And that, my dears, is priceless.

No comments: