Monday, May 24, 2010

2-4 Deliciousness

Oh how I love the two four! The summer is without question my favourite time of year, and taking a long weekend to celebrate its unofficial beginning (along with Queen Victoria's birthday, of course!) is one of our country's finest traditions. 

I know that most people like to barbeque to celebrate the holiday, but such a task is impossible when one lives a building, as we do. Instead, Steve and I decided to try and emulate one of our favourite foods in the world -  the good ol' Urban Herbivore grain bowl!

It was a lot of work preparing all the toppings, etc, but wow was it ever worth it! The bowls included: quinoa, tomatoes, kale, artichokes, hummus, roasted petters, tempeh, grilled zucchini and eggplant, and lemon tahini dressing. Yum!

Here's Steve's....


My slightly less full but equally beautiful bowl...


Steve in an awkward but oh so endearing pose...


Of course we had to have wine!

All in all it's been a great weekend...and it's not even over yet!!! I'm off to enjoy some of this beautiful weather :)

No comments: