Sunday, January 31, 2010

Trying to make peace with winter...


Ok, so, first of all I'd like to apologize for my last post.  Really, my life isn't all that bad.  It's quite good, in fact, all things considered.  Those of you who know me well are aware that each year around this time, I descend into misery because, despite being born and raised in Canada, I simply cannot deal with cold weather.  The closest word that would describe my body's reaction to winter is allergic.  They just don't mix.

Anyway, I know there a lot of you out there who do like winter.  Like this lovely group of families I had the privilege of spending some time with today out on Sydenham Lake.  They were genuinely enjoying two staples of Canadian life I have never personally been able to get behind (i.e., hockey and winter).  Even I had to admit it was downright beautiful - like a Tim Hortons commercial, but without all the cheesy dialogue!

Here are a few of the highlights...




No comments: