Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Team Conan!


I try not to use this blog as a platform to weigh in on "hot topics", so to speak...but have you read Conan O'Brien's statement?  What a classy, intelligent guy!  I have been a fan of Conan for many years, and was thrilled when I heard he was taking over The Tonight Show.  Jay's bland, play-it-safe style of comedy may have been fine for the '90's and early 2000's, but a lot of people I talk to these days are looking for something with a little more bite to it - like Conan or even Letterman.  I know, I know: ratings.  But I don't think anyone can argue that Conan was given a fair chance.  Plus, if I'm not mistaken (and I'm pretty sure I'm not) Conan's 11:35 ratings are a whole lot better than Jay's at 10:00.

If Jay goes along with this, I for one will not be tuning into his show.  Talk about being unfair to Conan!  How hypocritical of him to continually make jokes about the incompetence of the NBC executives, and then go along with their bullshit out of pure self interest!!  Kudos to Conan for refusing to infringe upon Jimmy Fallon's new show.

I say go Conan!  Thank you for taking a stand, and refusing to be a slave to a bunch of bungling suits, who clearly have no balls - let alone taste for comedy!

1 comment:

Michelle Kendrick Hartney said...

I'm on Team Conan too! I hadn't read his response, thanks for sharing. He truly is a classy (and funny!) guy. :)