Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winter Blues


Warning:  This post is really, really depressing.


I've gotta tell you people.  I've had it up to here with the winter.  January has gone by so slowly for me, and it really hasn't been the best of months.  Honestly, how can it still be January?  I hate January.  And February.  Oh god it's a leap year isn't it?  A whole extra, unwanted day of February.  I really need to move somewhere where it's warmer and brighter.  Or at least warmer, and less dry.  My skin just can't take it.  My hands are all cracked and bloody from the dryness.  Then again, sunlight is important too.  I'm pretty sure I'm still vitamin D deficient, despite the supplements I've been taking.  Vitamin D, B12, iron - lately also vitamin C and echinacea while I try to fight off this godawful cold that, after 2 weeks, is still not entirely gone.  

Every time I look in the mirror I see a sick person - bags under my eyes, deathly pale skin.  My body is shrinking, but in the worst possible way - shriveling up, instead of firming and tightening.  I know I need to be more active, but my bones feel like lead most of the time, inhibiting any sort of movement.  I don't know why because I really do make an effort to be healthy.  Lots of vegetables, whole grains, fruits.  I've even been sleeping well about 90% of the time for the past year.  Aren't those things supposed to keep you healthy?

The sun is out today, but it's cold and dry and the snow is blowing everywhere because it's the consistency of dust - the way it gets when it's extra cold out.

I wish I lived in a place where I could have a rooftop party.  With champagne, warm breezes, pretty table settings, and twinkle lights.

Photo from abless' photostream.

PS - Sorry about being such a downer today - on the plus side, this little rant has been somewhat therapeutic, and I feel a bit better.

No comments: