Monday, January 4, 2010

World's Healthiest Lasagna

On new year's eve, Steve and I decided we'd had enough heavy, saturated fat filled holiday food, but still wanted to try cooking something special in honour of the evening.  We settled on vegetable lasagna with herbed tofu ricotta, from the Candle Cafe Cookbook, and, wow, was this ever a great choice!  I love traditional lasagna with real ricotta and mozzarella as much as the next person, but sometimes the body does need a little break.  And why not do it with something that tastes equally good?  We also thought it would be a great idea to kick off 2010 by upholding our commitment to eating vegan when at home (which we basically already do anyway, but there's nothing wrong with renewing your vows every now and then).

I'm not going to post the recipe here because it's really long and complicated, but send me a little note if you're interested and I'll pass it on.  Hopefully soon Steve and I will be starting a food blog about cooking (Steve) and baking (me).  Now that I have my camera that takes great pictures even on non-natural light, there's really no excuse anymore!!!  In that light, here's my pictorial record of the process!


Grilling up some eggplant and zucchini...


Mushrooms and onions...


Layer it up...

Bake 45 minutes until done...

Beautiful!


1 comment:

Betty Manousos said...

I came across your blog by accident and I just love your blog!
That looks soo delicious!
Love the photos!
:)