Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hooray For March!


I've always been a fan of March.  The month itself is relatively uneventful, yet I take great comfort in the notion that, with each passing day, spring becomes more of a reality.  This morning when I let Stella out there were birds chirping in a nearby tree, and the sun was already high in the sky at 7:30.  Thus even though it's currently something like -15 degrees C with a -22 windchill, the dream of the semi-bearable temperatures to come has the ability to keep my spirits lifted.  

I'm hoping that such elevated spirits will inspire me to exercise the "sticktoitiveness" that will allow me to break free from winter blahs and their accompanying bad habits and destructive attitudes.  One of my resolutions is to produce 31 posts for the 31 days of March.  Lately I find myself obsessed with beautiful things (design, colour, photography, fashion, etc), and will thus be sharing with you some of my favourite flickr/web finds in addition to the usual book, movie, and food reviews.  By the way, if I do not manage to produce anything close to 31 posts, you have the right to think badly of me (I too will be quite disgusted with myself).

Anyway, I fell in love with the above image by Rachel Whiting because of the spring-like colours, and because my bike is in it.  Not my literal bike, of course, but mine looks exactly like that!  I can't wait to be able to ride it again!

No comments: