Monday, March 9, 2009

I Can't Believe I'm Still Doing This

Well, it's day 2 of the detox and I'm still going strong.  Subsisting solely on fruit, vegetables, and rice products (with the odd serving of chicken, fish, and nuts) is actually quite a bit easier than I thought it would be.  The hardest part without question is giving up caffeine.  I'm used to drinking upwards of five caffeinated beverages per day, and never really thought too much about how addicted I am to them.  Going cold turkey is extremely difficult, and I've been battling a headache all day.  This morning was especially torturous due to daylight savings time.  

...All right I'll come clean:  I did allow myself to have one small cup of black coffee at lunch.  But it was either that or be entirely non-functional at work.  Tomorrow I will try to refrain.

No comments: