Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Review: Something Borrowed

I read Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin extremely quickly.  It's the most addictive sort of book, filled with easy-to-relate-to characters in easy-to-relate-to situations.  I have never had an affair with my best friend's fiance, but now know all about what it's like to be torn between true love and your moral conscience/ life-long best friend.  It's not a nice feeling, yet somehow I suspect that if I were living in Manhattan and working as a hot shot lawyer, nothing else would really matter anyway.  I suppose that's why books like this one exist.  I don't really have a whole lot to say about this book.  I liked it fine, but it's more of an enjoy it while you're reading it sort of novel.  It's not half as annoying as the Shopaholic series, but I still found myself angry about what perfect lives the characters lead.  It's like having an entire freezer full of Triple Chocolate Chunk and whining about how all the Cherry Garcia (which of course you have craving for at the moment) is miles away at your beach house in the Hamptons.

Blah...give me an effing break.

No comments: