Thursday, July 30, 2009

Drink Play F@#k

At times like this I wish I hadn't deleted my old blog, in which I reviewed Elizabeth Gilbert's book Eat Pray Love.  In case you didn't read the post or don't remember what it said, here's my review in a nutshell:

"This is one of the most self-rightous things I've ever read.  While I respect Gilbert as writer, I find myself wanting to shake her with each turn of the page.  Why is it that people who have been lucky all their lives and never had to deal with any real problems always whine the loudest?"

I can't wait to get my hands on Andrew Gottlieb's new book Drink Play Fuck, which is inspired by the unfortunate situation of Gilbert's husband, whom she left in order to search for a more spiritually nurturing life.  Of course, instead of Italy, India, and Bali it's Ireland, Vegas, and Thai sex tourism....

No comments: