Friday, July 10, 2009

It's All Happening!

A couple weeks ago I ordered a bunch of movies from Amazon, and have had the pleasure of anticipating the arrival of the mail ever since.  Upon my return from (my last day! of) work, I was psyched to find the Almost Famous Director's Cut in the mailbox.  Almost Famous is one of my favourite movies of all time, but I have to say I prefer the director's cut to the official film.  There's more pithy dialogue, more unapologetic ramblings about everything from the genius of rock stars to why adolescence is a marketing tool, and a fabulous radio station interview scene that for some puzzling reason was cut from the real version.  I'm told they no longer sell the long version in stores.  If this is true, I'm extremely grateful to have found a second hand copy.

No comments: