Saturday, August 1, 2009

Family Picnic Baking

Tomorrow I'm going to a family picnic!  This tradition was begun by my great grandmother many years ago, and for about 30 years was held at my grandparents' cottage (which was recently sold).  This year it's back on Howe Island at my aunt and uncle's cottage.  Here I am in my great grandmother's apron, armed with her rolling pin, ready to make some pies for the picnic.  Beneath the apron I'm wearing Stella McCartney - a fitting tribute to one of the most stylish women I've ever known :)

....blueberry before being cooked...


...fully cooked with its lemon meringue (sans meringue) friend.  (I'll finish it tomorrow, as I don't trust the meringue to keep its shape over night).

I was really pleased with how these turned out.  Would you believe all purpose flour works better than pastry?  

No comments: