Thursday, April 16, 2009

K.D. Lang!!!


Tuesday came and I was still on cloud nine from the Neil Young concert.  Perhaps because of my good spirits the work day passed faster than usual, and before too long I found myself sitting in traffic on my way to pick up Steve.  (Par for the course for a week day.  But it's Kingston traffic, meaning the you only ever sit for three minutes max).  It was whilst sitting in said traffic that I somehow managed to win the radio contest I mentioned a couple posts back.  I won't get into details, but the pizza was delicious!

Anyhoo, I must have been on a roll because when I opened my phone to call the radio station I noticed I had a message.  It turned out to be from my mom, wondering if I was interested in the extra ticket she had for the K.D. Lang concert.  A concert two nights in a row?? Hell yeah!!!  I must admit I wasn't all that familiar with K.D's music before Tuesday night, but I think I can now officially call myself a fan.  The opening act was a talented, beautiful young woman named Meaghan Smith, of whom I am now also officially a fan.  Her upbeat, playful lyrics perfectly complement her voice, which is at once sweet, clear, and soulful.  Plus, she makes fabulous fashion choices and seems like a lovely person.  If we ever met properly, I'd like to think we'd be friends.

Ms. Smith set the mood perfectly for Ms. Lang, who I must admit has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard.  As I mentioned previously, one of the first songs she sang was "Helpless", and though I probably would have preferred hearing Neil sing it, she did do a beautiful, original version of the song.  The highlight of the evening, however, was certainly when she sang the Leonard Cohen song "Hallelujah".  Her voice is so strong and haunting - I literally had goosebumps all over my skin!

1 comment:

janina said...

thanks for your comments on the kd lang concert. i think she's my favorite live and gla dyou had fun.

have a great weekend.

janina