Monday, April 27, 2009

Cherry Blossoms!

I am in love with these photos of cherry blossoms (found, most appropriately, at The Cherry Blossom Girl).  When I was really little, my mom used to read me a story about cherry blossoms in Japan.  I don't remember the name of the story or anything of the plot, but to this day whenever I see these beautiful flowers I'm reminded of how the story made me feel: kind of strange and weirded out, to be honest...but still appreciative on some level of what I knew was a good story.  In fact, this memory is probably the earliest I have of appreciating something that isn't all warm and fuzzy.  The blossoms themselves, however, leave one feeling full of life and beauty.  I suppose it is the balance of eerie plot and comforting aesthetic beauty that makes the story stand out in my memory.


No comments: