Monday, April 11, 2011

Upate

Just wanted to drop you all a line to say that I'm still here, and that I haven't forgotten about my blog! For the past two and a half years, this has been a place where I share with the internet world eclectic slices of my life - from photos to book and movie reviews to long-winded personal ramblings. Lately I've been feeling the need to give the blog a little more direction, and focus in on one particular theme.

The trouble is that I'm really not sure what I want that theme to be. On a personal level, I'd love to have a book blog. The trouble is that I'm so busy it usually takes me at least a couple weeks to finish a book, and I'd like to aim for around two posts a week. On the other hand, attempting a book blog might make for a productive challenge (i.e. more reading, less TV, etc).

I also adore the idea of a food blog. The problems with this option, though are that I can't cook to save my life, and baking twice weekly...well...that wouldn't be all that great for the figure. I'd end up with all these cookies, cakes and pies and no one to eat them other than Steve and myself. Yet, I can't help but think it might be fun to make healthy, vegan treats with spelt flour and flax eggs and the like. Again, might be a nice challenge.

The obvious choice for me is a movie blog, however once again I just don't have the time to be frequently going to the movies. This weekend I actually went to two, but that was definitely an exception. I could write about all the movies I watch over and over again at home, but that would just be pathetic.

Then there's always the option of a photography/design-oriented blog. Becoming engaged in the blogging world has given me a whole new appreciation for visual art, and has assisted me in becoming a better photographer both for this space and for my day job. A food blog would allow me to incorporate this aspect as well, but I also like the idea of a photo-journal type thing. However, that would rule out any heavy-duty writing, which is one of the main reasons I got into this business in the first place.

Of course, whatever I decide on is sure to also include the odd personal rambling. I don't think I want to devote an entire blog to this kind of thing, just because most of what I write or photograph is sure to be grounded in a personal experience anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would very much welcome any input from readers on what you would like to see. So, if you're so inclined, please feel free to shoot me off an email, leave a comment, or tell me in person...I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Psst. I like your blog the way it is.

Hollieann said...

Thanks Kerry :-) I think it will probably stay as is after all, hopefully with a bit more writing!