Friday, April 22, 2011

A good Friday



It seems everyone is out and about today, both downtown and here in the 'burbs. It's as if the sun has blinded us all to exactly how cold it actually is outside - a mere six degrees here in Kingston, certainly not patio weather despite the number of al fresco diners sitting out on Brock Street. The farmers market was also buzzing with activity, even though it's a Friday and a holiday. Bare-legged teenage girls in short skirts and sandals abounded, adding to the false impression that it is, in fact, a beautiful summer's day. My dear husband slipped away for a moment and bought me the bouquet of my favourite kind of flower pictured above. Daisies never fail to make me smile. Despite the enjoyable afternoon, I'm glad to be back indoors now, instead of outside trying to ignore the nippiness of the wind. It's April 22, for crying out loud.

No comments: