Friday, April 29, 2011

A royal wedding, and dreams if Italy


April 29, 2011 is a very exciting day! Not only is it the day of the royal wedding (didn't Kate look BEAUTIFUL?!), but today is also the day my parents leave for Italy. As I write this, they are probably flying high above eastern Quebec or the maritimes. I never thought it would be possible to feel such a strong vicarious excitement. I suppose it may have something to do with the fact that it has been so long since my last holiday, with none in the foreseeable future. Also, I can't help but smile to think of my own trip to Italy, five long years ago.

As for the wedding, I didn't end up getting up at 5 a.m. as I had planned. Alas, it was a workday and sleep won out. Happily, the wedding was still on when I got up at 7 - just in time to see Wills and Kate ride through London on the carriage.

A beautiful day indeed.




No comments: