Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscars!

Well, it's all said and done for another year. I say, hooray for Kathryn Bigelow for being the first woman to win best director!  I probably still won't see this movie - and still say the honour should have been bestowed upon Sophia Coppola years ago - but hey, good on her.

I also very much enjoyed Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin co-hosting the show, although I would have liked to have seen more of them.

For the most part, I liked what I saw on the red carpet this year. Here are some of my favourites.

1) If I could look like anyone in the world, I think I'd have to say Penelope Cruz. She always looks gorgeous, especially in this absolutely stunning gown.


2) Anna Kendrick's gown looks like something I might pick out if ever make it to the Oscars. I love the pale pink colour and the almost Grecian shape of it. The shoes complement it perfectly, too.

3) Another hit. Rachel McAdams is pretty in that refreshing sort of way, which makes this gown perfect for her. 

4) I'm so jealous of women who can wear sparkly gold. I think you almost have to be naturally blonde (see Sandra Bullock's gown - beautiful, but in my opinion didn't really do anything for her personally). Cameron, on the other hand, looks fabulous.

5) Did you see these two on the red carpet together? SO cute!!! They look like they should be an item. Helen Mirren is so beautiful, and I love this gown on her.


OK, here's the exception. SJP, what were you thinking???!!! At least do something half decent with your hair. Not good. Really, not good. Matthew's face says it all.



No comments: