Thursday, March 25, 2010

I did it!


My darlings, I accomplished an amazing feat this evening and I just had to rush over to the computer to tell you all about it!!!

For the first time in the month and a half I've been living on my own, I, Hollie, used the stove to cook myself a real supper. That's right. No more cereal for dinner, no more smoothies, hummus and pita, take out sushi...at least for tonight. I saw this recipe for pasta with braised kale at shutterbean a couple weeks ago, and my mouth had been watering ever since. The photo is also from there - I still get too stressed out when cooking to document the process - but mine looked just like that, I promise! 

Anyway, this pasta is SO GOOD!!! Who knew kale could be so tasty!! In an attempt to be healthy following a week of perpetual indulgence, I decided to substitute real parmesan for the vegan version - honestly, there's not really a huge difference between that and the regular Kraft kind. 

I highly recommend that you try this recipe yourself - you won't regret it! 

No comments: