Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Living In

I adore the new "Living In" section of Design Sponge, which analyzes the style of aesthetically pleasing movies.  Here's an excerpt from a post on my favourite movie of all time, The Godfather.  Yes I know it's cliche to say The Godfather is you're favourite movie, but I'd be lying if I said it was anything else.  To prove it, I'll even go so far as admitting that I watch it at least once a month.

I agree with Amy Merrick, the post's author, that there are too many beautiful parts of Godfather to feature the entire movie in one post.  And the Italy bit is a great choice.  I really regret not going to Sicily when we were over there (next time, next time).

I'm kind of inspired now...wouldn't it be great to see one of these for the wedding scene?  Or the Woltz Hollywood mansion scene?  Or the garden scene where the Godfather dies?  Or even those strung-together-scenes where Sonny et al are discussing what to do?



No comments: