Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pissed Off Tennis Players

It's the heart of tennis season, and even though there's no major grand slam going on at the moment I'm still feeling a little racket crazy.  Here are some funny photos I found at Life Galleries.

1) Ahhh McEnroe.  Classic thrower of fits turned mildly amusing tennis announcer.  Here he is telling it to an umpire at the 1980 Wimbledon.


2)  Apparently, this is Arnaud Clement competing for the Surbiton Trophy in 2008.  I don't know too much about the player or the tournament, but I enjoy how Travis Bickle-esq this photo is (I can almost hear him saying 'bang...bang' under his breath.  Only there aren't not enough pimps and hoes).



3)  "As I was saying, the ball clearly fell on the line.  Those grumpy faces don't constitute an argument, you know.  Prove to me it was out.  Just prove it.  You can't, can you?  See, I'm right."  (Martina Hingis, 1999 French)


4) "Oh back off bitch.  The answer is no."
(Sara Errani, 2009 French)



5)  "Duhhh...I'm Andy Roddick".  I'm not sure if angry is the word I would use to describe him in this photo, but Steve and I don't like Roddick so I'm posting it here anyway.


No comments: