Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Living with Grace and Style


After over a year of contemplation I finally bought the book What Would Audrey Do? by Pamela Keogh.  As much as I adore Audrey, I was initially reluctant to purchase the book because it sounded a little too self-help-esq for my comfort.  However, I recently heard it described as a biography, and figured that made it ok.  Not to mention I picked it up in the style section (right next to 'self help', but what can you do?).  I spent part of the evening reading the first few chapters, and am already in love.  Here's a little excerpt featuring advice I look forward to applying to my daily life.

Audrey Essentials

1) Wear mascara.
2) Stand up straight.
3) Get your clothes tailored.
4) Lower your voice.
5) When in doubt, love.
6) Be generous.
7) Don't kiss and tell.
8) Forgive.
9) Turn around and check the back of your reflection in the mirror before you leave the house.
10) Smile.

No comments: