Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's New Year's Day and for the first time in many years I am not prohibitively hung over.  It's quite a wonderful feeling, actually, and I look forward to getting much accomplished.  Already this morning I made brunch for Steve and myself (mimosas, of course, along with this fabulous recipe for cream cheese, yogurt and berry-stuffed French toast given to me by one of my favourite people.  It wasn't quite as good as when Helene makes it, but pretty good for a first try if I do say so myself).

For the past week I have also been on holidays more often than I've been at work, which has afforded me more time than usual to read, cook, and watch movies.  As a result, there is much to write about, and since my New Year's resolution is to *try* and write one entry per day, I think I'm off to a pretty good start.  First, though, I would like to extend a word of thanks to you, dear reader.  I really have no idea how many people actually read this thing, but if you are reading this, know that it is the dream of you that not only inspires me to continue writing, but also keeps alive my hope of someday making a career of it.  

So thank you.  And happy New Year.

No comments: