Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscars!


First things first - no real surprises in terms of the awards themselves. The King's Speech cleaned up, just as I and so many others predicted it would. And deservedly so. It's been a long time coming for Colin Firth, and I am very happy for him.


Yeah, yeah. James and Anne weren't the greatest Oscar hosts of all time. But I thought they did a fine job. And not just because I have a huge crush on James Franco and want to be best friends with Anne Hathaway. I mean really, everyone complained about Ricky Gervais going too far with the insult jokes at the Golden Globes, and now every single blog and gossip column is slamming these two for being boring. Come on people, not everyone can be Billy Crystal. And isn't it nice to see something different every once and a while?


Mila Kunis looked fantastic. The lavender was so unexpected for her, but in a good way. I love the lace detailing on her breasts, and the teasing nature of the gown. If only I could think of a word that means sexy, soft and elegant all at once. That's this dress.



Awww, I love Natalie Portman! She was positively glowing last night, and I was so happy when she won. Everything about this dress was just perfect - the colour, the neckline, the train. What a beautiful woman!


I had never heard of Jennifer Lawrence before last night. All I can say is, wow. She is GORGEOUS!!! I heard this dress criticized a lot today for being all Pamela Anderson in Baywatch. Maybe they're onto something there, but I still love it. She obviously has a fabulous body, why not show it off? Who says you can't channel Baywatch on the red carpet? As long as you do it in a classy way, which she undeniably does.


On to the most controversial dress of the night. I hate it. It's such a shame, because Cate is so beautiful. I think I could have lived with the dress if it wasn't for that terrible fluorescent yellow business, which looked even worse from the back. Yuck! I think Joan Rivers said it best when she described it as looking like an unsightly skin condition, or something to that effect.

All in all, though, I thought it was a great night for fashion. Well played, ladies!

No comments: