Friday, February 5, 2010

When the Saints go marching in!


So it looks like I'll be featuring two sports posts in a row. Strange, I know, but true. You know what's also strange? I am seriously excited about the Super Bowl this year!!! My dad was shocked when I said last night that I was looking forward to cheering on the Saints on Sunday. He accused me of not even knowing who their quarterback is - which, of course, I didn't. But I do now!

His name is Drew Brees. He was born on January 15, 1979 in Dallas Texas. He was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the second round of the 2001 NFL draft, after playing college football at Purdue. He is allergic to dairy, wheat, gluten, and eggs. (Not sure why that's important, but thought it was interesting.)

I am cheering for Brees and the Saints because New Orleans is one of my favourite cities in the world, and I want their team to win. I love the aesthetic of football, but sometimes I have a difficult time understanding exactly what is going on on the field, and end up annoying the men in my life by asking too many questions and distracting them from the game.

Anyway, I'm going to do my best to try and get into the game on Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes, if it's not too embarrassing.

No comments: