Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!






Yesterday was my love's 26th birthday!  He requested a red velvet cake, which thrilled me because I've been dying (no pun intended) to make one for a long time now.  I was quite pleased with how it turned out.  The cream cheese icing in particular was a huge hit - the recipe I used is a little different from the regular one, in that half the cream cheese is replaced with mascarpone.  (You can find it at Joy of Baking).  

I also managed to cook a remarkably edible main course - a HUGE accomplishment for yours truly, who under normal circumstances is strictly the baking half of the household.  With a little help from my friend Nigella, however, I managed to make some tasty aubergine involtini (aka stuffed eggplant).  Unfortunately, I was so stressed while cooking I completely forgot to document the process, so you'll just have to take my word for it ;)

No comments: