Thursday, September 17, 2009

DashCommaQuestionMark


If I'm to believe the calendar on my computer, it's September 17th today!  How is that possible?  It's been a long month and a half, full of deaths and highways and the overflowing of emotions.  I'd like to say things are calming down, but alas my life remains in the throes of change and uncertainty.  I've been trying to see the silver lining, to channel these experiences into my writing.  I suppose my pre-occupation with doing so has led to my neglect of Magic Lantern, among other things.  I'm thrilled, however, that I'm finally able to put all my mis-mashed thoughts and ideas onto paper in some halfway coherent form.  It's not as therapeutic as popular opinion makes it out to be, but fictionalizing past experiences puts an often welcome distance between them and who I am today, on September 17th, 2009.

I'm considering *possibly* posting some passages from my fiction here.  It's difficult to initially put your work "out there", and so far I have shown it to very few people.  I'm currently working on a project that takes the format of a blog, and think this would be the ideal medium through which  to test it out.  I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this - I guess I'm just in a mood to muse...

The photo is entitled Dear...., from Cinnamon's photostream via Design is Mine.

No comments: