Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Due to yet another week of illness and its accompanied lethargy, I find myself at a loss for substantial things to write about.  Thus you will have the (mis?)fortune of reading my version of the famous "25 random things about me" that's been making its way around Facebook lately.

1.   I am always cold and hate the winter.  In the summer, my hatred is transferred to air conditioning and people who crank it up unnecessarily.  Yes, I am aware that I am living in the wrong country.

2.  I am addicted to http://goop.com/.  

3.  I love yoga and Eastern philosophy.

4.  I prefer fiction to reality.  So much so that I often get the two mixed up.

5.  I love traveling, but also returning home after trips.

6.  I have the sweetest, kindest husband in the whole world.

7.  Sometimes I worry that my fair share of luck in life was used up when I met and married said husband.  I fear that I will never have a good job let alone an interesting career.

8.  My favourite place in the world is my grandparents' cottage on Howe Island.  Soon it will be sold and the idea of not being able to go there anymore breaks my heart.

9.  My musical tastes were heavily influenced by my father and grandfather.  I love everything from classic rock to old style jazz.

10.  I love baking cookies and desserts, but rarely ever do so because I find it difficult to refrain from eating copious amounts of batter during the baking process.  By the time the thing is actually made, I usually feel too stuffed ad guilty to have some of the finished product.

11.  I miss school so much it hurts.

12.  After a few years, my mind has a tendency to block out anything bad that happened during a particular period of my life.  After much contemplation, I've decided this is a good thing.

13.  I love wine.  If Steve and I open a bottle, we usually end up drinking the entire thing in an evening.

14.  Movies are like therapy to me.  I own over 200 DVDs, at least 10 of which I watch every couple months.

15.  I love the no-hard-feelings debate variety of argument, but hate malicious gossip and petty bullshit.

16.  I have tried to become a vegetarian and go on detox cleanses more times than I care to admit.  None of these attempts lasted more than a few days.

17.  I can't get enough gangster movies and Grand Theft Auto.

18.  I have a love-hate relationship with sleep.  I know I need it, but there's just not enough hours in the day.

19.  The only TV shows I watch regularly are on early in the morning or late at night (Canada AM, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report).

20.  From mid-February until around May, I check the local forecast on The Weather Network approximately 30 times per day.

21.  I hate drinking plain tap water, and always need at least a wedge of lemon or lime to go with it.

22.  If give $1000, I would spend it all on 1 luxury item over 20 more practical purchases.

23.  One of my biggest pet peeves is bragging (overt and subtle).  If you tell me how great you are, all I'll know is that you want me to thing you're great.  It says nothing about your true capacity for greatness.

24.  I'm not a morning person.  Even though I get up at 6:30, I'm never actually "awake" until around 9.

25.  My favourite time of day is when I take my dog Stella for a walk (unless it's freezing cold out).  It always involves either good music or good company, and is a great way to follow up supper and/or end the evening.


No comments: