Friday, November 11, 2011

New look

I'm totally in love with these new Warby Parker glasses that arrived on our doorstep yesterday. I must admit I was a little nervous about ordering prescription glasses online, but the idea appealed to me all the same because I'm so sick of being ripped off at local frame/lens stores. Even with Steve's plan, we usually still end up paying close to $200. At $95 for great quality frames AND lenses, these WPs sounded almost too good to be true, and I pondered for a bit whether I wanted to go through with it.

The last straw was the rude treatment I received from the receptionist at the optometrist's office, who seemed personally offended that I wasn't getting new glasses from the store next to the doctor. She took it to the point of almost not giving me the full information I needed for my own prescription. I left fuming, determined that there was no way I was going to continue supporting such an operation, and placed my order for these "Huxley in Tennessee Whiskey" glasses as soon as I got home. They told me it would take ten business days for them to arrive. It took two. Hooray!

Steve says they make me look like an intellectual from the 1950s. I say great, I can certainly live with that.

2 comments:

chasing lightning bugs said...

oooh, those are awesome. i didn't even know you could get precription glasses online. i'm going to look into that!

Hollieann said...

Yeah! You should totally check them out :-) http://www.warbyparker.com/