Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving pies


I baked some pies today for Thanksgiving. (And of course took a photo of them with my new phone, which I am obsessed with.)

It's a tradition I took over after my nan, the world's greatest pie maker, became too sick to make them several years ago. Mine are not nearly as good as hers and probably never will be, but I'm working on it.

On this day, I'd like to acknowledge that I really do have so much to be thankful for. Too often I am inclined to focus on what's missing in my life - things I want but can never have. Every day, I work on silencing these feelings because I know they do not serve me - they only suck up the energy I should be using on other, more constructive tasks which could actually lead to genuine happiness. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this with you - albeit in a very vague manner. But it feels good to get it off my chest.

No comments: