Saturday, January 1, 2011

Toward the Future!


Happy New Year, dear readers! Thank you for sticking by me through all the ups and downs of 2010. It seems like half a lifetime has passed since we entered this new decade. And I don’t mean that in an entirely bad way. It feels weird to have essentially started and ended the year the same way – in terms of job and living arrangements – but with such a rollercoaster experience in between. Sometimes I even forget that I lived in Toronto for five months.

For breakfast this morning I made some delicious pancakes with maple apple cinnamon topping - with mimosas and coffee, of course. What a perfect way to ring in 2011!



I could go on for a couple of paragraphs about all my hopes and dreams for the new year, but I would only jinx myself, and probably bore you to death in the process. Like all years, I'll generally be striving to be healthier and make better use of my time. But considering I've spent the entire morning of January 1 watching 30 Rock DVDs after a rich (though 100% vegan) breakfast which included alcohol and too much coffee...well...sigh. What can I say? Such things make me happy.

(The amazing Mad Men behind the scenes photo is from here. They are from a Rolling Stone shoot. If you can spare a few minutes, I urge you to take a look through them all...they will make your day!)

1 comment:

Of.Varied.Interests said...

30 rock and vegan breakfast-cue "these are a few of my favorite things".