Monday, November 15, 2010

Food Photography 101

I've never really been much of a food photographer/blogger. Then the other night Steve started making one of my favourite dishes, eggplant chana masala from Alicia Silverstone's The Kind Life, and I felt inspired!

I started out shooting Steve chopping the all the veg. I was pretty happy with these photos, only next time I think I'd wipe away all the little bits of garlic from around the chopping board! The eggplant falling off every which way isn't all that pretty either, but we'll blame Steve for that one.



Cilantro - one of my favourite foods. (A bit of a "meh" photo, I know, but I just had to include it.)


This chana masala tasted much better than it looks. If I could re-do it I'd add a tasteful leaf or two of cilantro, take the photo, THEN pile it on to my liking!

The best part, as usual, was eating it.


2 comments:

Of.Varied.Interests said...

There is a really great post on vegan yum yum about photographing food. Helped so much! Those are really good, but you would probably find it interesting.Check it out!

Hollieann said...

Thank you! I looked at the Vegan Yum Yum post and it is very helpful! Can't wait to practice using the new tips :)