Sunday, September 5, 2010

Double Chocolate

Have I ever mentioned that I love long weekends? Especially when they're full of baking and birthdays and brand new MacBooks. Steve's birthday was actually Thursday, but I ended up baking his cake yesterday instead due to lack of time during the week. I used this recipe from the Oprah website and it was absolutely delicious! The cake contains the tiniest bit of espresso that gives it a wonderful little kick.

This summer has been long, hot, and exhausting, but I feel as though I'm finally coming back to life. Seriously, I love the heat and all but this year has been a little excessive.

Anyway, here's the cake I made, aglow with all the candles I could find between our cupboards and my parents'...


The birthday boy...


A rare half-decent photo of me from our bi-annual, tri-generational downtown Toronto shopping excursion earlier this summer. (For the record I am NOT naked - it's just a strapless dress!!!)


My adorable Grandma!


Last but not least, my beautiful new purchase. Obviously, I will now be much more inspired to write and engage in other productive activities...that is when I'm not obsessively watching frivolous videos on YouTube over and over and/or jumping from blog to blog admiring various pretty items and salivating over delicious-looking food...


No comments: