Sunday, June 13, 2010

You complete me, oh juicer


Yeah, yeah, I know what this looks like. 

But honestly, I have every intention of using it daily. And the purchase wasn't nearly as spontaneous as you're likely assuming, dear reader. Not spontaneous at all, actually. You see, I have wanted a juicer for at least six months now. Then a few weeks ago, I was gifted Refresh (the second cookbook featuring recipes from the restaurant Fresh) by my lovely, thoughtful friend Jen. The book contains all sorts of colourful juice recipes that collectively offer to cure whatever ails ya. It was just too painful to flip through it and not have the ability to make these tasty, medicinal concoctions. 

It's true that I'd be the luckiest woman in the world if this did it for me. But owning a juicer certainly brings me one step closer to happiness.

Recalling how much I loved the beet, carrot, and apple juice from Kale, I whipped up a similar brew for our juicer's maiden run. I also threw in a little ginger. Wow, was this ever heavenly. 



No comments: